Our Home School Program is a great addition to your weekly schedule of activities for your home school student. Parents can appreciate a fun filled & safe environment for their children at Action Park GP.
Students are encouraged to enroll in our weekly Lesson Program that encompasses the fundamentals of Action Sports, Injury Prevention and Team Building activities. For sample activities and schedule please see below..
SKATEPARK ETIQUETTE – STUDENTS REVIEW DESIGN LAYOUT OF SKATEPARK COURSE TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC IN SKATEPARKS AND FORECAST POTENTIAL LINES USERS MAY TAKE DURING A SESSION. PROPER SKATEPARK ETIQUETTE REDUCES RISKS OF COLLISION & FALLS THROUGH AWARENESS.
SKATEBOARD ANATOMY – INTRODUCTION TO THE COMPONENTS OF A SKATEBOARD, HOW TO BUILD, HOW TO ADJUST. UNDERSTANDING THE HARDWARE. DECK SET-UP
SKATEBOARD FUNDAMENTALS – LEARN THE BASICS OF SKATEBOARDING, IE. CARVING, TURNING, DROPPING IN
BMX ANATOMY – INTRODUCTION TO THE COMPONENTS OF A BMX BIKE, HOW ADJUSTMENTS ARE MADE, BASIC ASSEMBLY AND MAINTENANCE.
BMX FUNDAMENTALS – LEARN THE BASICS OF BMX, IE. PEDAL PLACEMENT, PROPER RIDING STANCE, PUMPING
ATHLETIC AWARENESS – LEARN AND REVIEW FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS OF ATHLETICISM AND INJURY PREVENTION
ATHLETIC ACTIVITY – NON TRADITIONAL APPROACH TO ATHLETICS, IE GROUP GAMES AND TEAM BUILDING
MULTIMEDIA WORKSHOP – INTRODUCTION TO VIDEOGRAPHY, PHOTOGRAPHY, A/V EDITING AND SAFE SOCIAL MEDIA MENTORING
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS – LEAVING PLACES BETTER THAN YOU LEFT IT, UNDERSTANDING YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT
FIRST AID – LEARNING ABOUT FIRST AID BASICS
SAMPLE HOME SCHOOL SCHEDULE – TUES & THURS
- 9:45am – 10:00am Drop off & check in with equipment check
- 10:00am – 10:30am Open gym warm up & stretching with emphasis on injury prevention
- 10:30am – 11:00am Camper/Instructor introductions & initial skill level assessment
- 11:00am – 11:15am Water & snack break
- 11:15am – 12:00pm Split into skill based groups for focused instruction
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm Group based games
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm Additional instruction & review of days progression
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm Open session with instructor
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Wind down and recap. Early pick up welcome